SETUP NAMESERVERS DNS ZONE:IN JUST 2 STEPS
THE FIRST THING A BLOGGER SHOULD DO IS TO BUY A DOMAIN FOR BLOG.I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN A POST ON HOW TO BUY DOMAIN AT CHEAP PRICE.YOU CAN READ THAT POST HERE:-LOOT BUY DOMAIN @ 75RS FOR BLOG.AFTER THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY HOSTING SERVICE FOR YOUR BLOG.READ HERE:LOOT:BUY CHEAP HOSTING FOR BLOG.
AFTER DOING THESE TWO THINGS,NOW ITS TIME TO SET UP NAMESERVERS IN DNS ZONE.DNS ZONE IS LOCATED ON THE HOSTING PANEL WHERE YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR DOMAIN.BEFORE WE LEARN HOW TO UPDATE NAMESERVERS IN DNS ZONE,LETS UNDERSTAND SOME COMMON TERMS RELATED TO DNS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
SETUP NAMESERVERS DNS ZONE
COMMON TERMS RELATED TO DNS
- DNS:-It stands for domain name system.The Domain Name System is a hierarchical and decentralized naming system for computers, services, or other resources connected to the Internet or a private network. It associates various information with domain names assigned to each of the participating entities
- NAME-SERVERS:A name server is a computer application that implements a network service for providing responses to queries against a directory service. It translates an often humanly meaningful, text-based identifier to a system-internal, often numeric identification or addressing component
- C-NAME:IT is a Canonical Name Record or Alias Record. A type of resource record in the Domain Name System (DNS), that specifies that one domain name is an alias of another canonical domain name. Any system hosting a Web site must have an IP address in order to be connected to the World Wide Web
- A RECORD:The A record, also known as a host record or a DNS host, is a record in your domain’s DNS zone file that makes the connection between your domain and its matching IP address.
- MX RECORD:A mail exchanger record specifies the mail server responsible for accepting email messages on behalf of a domain name. It is a resource record in the Domain Name System. It is possible to configure several MX records, typically pointing to an array of mail servers for load balancing and redundancy
- TXT RECORD:A TXT record is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System used to provide the ability to associate arbitrary text with a host or other name, such as human readable information about a server, network, data center, or other accounting information.
- AAA RECORD:An AAAA record is used to find the IP address of a computer connected to the internet from a name. The AAAA record is conceptually similar to the A record, but it allows you to specify the IPv6 address of the server, rather than the IPv4.
- SRV RECORD;The SRV record is a Domain Name System (DNS) resource recordthat is used to identify computers that host specific services. SRVresource records are used to locate domain controllers for Active Directory
- CAA RECORD:A Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) record is used to specify whichcertificate authorities (CAs) are allowed to issue certificates for a domain. The purpose of the CAA record is to allow domain owners to declare which certificate authorities are allowed to issue a certificate for a domain
SO NOW YOU HAVE FAMILIRIZE WITH THESE COMMON DOMAIN TERMINOLOGY.NOW ITS TIME TO UPDATE NAMESERVERS IN DNS ZONE.
STEP BY STEP PROCESS TO UPDATE NAMESERVERS IN DNS ZONE SYSTEM.
STEUP NAMESERVERS DNS ZONE STEP BY STEP
LOG IN TO YOUR DOMAIN HOSTING PANEL
THE FIRST STEP IS LOG IN TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM.IF YOU BROUGHT DOMAIN FROM HOSTINGER,THEN YOU CAN EASILY LOGIN USING YOUR FACEBOOK OR GMAIL.
NOW LOOK FOR NAMESERVERS OPTIONS IN DNS ZONE EDITOR
SEE THE SCREENSHOT ABOVE.THE MAIN POINT HERE IS THAT HOSTING PROVIDER WILL GIVE YOU IP ADDRESS & NAMESERVERS DETAILS TO YOUR EMAIL WHEN YOU BUY HOSTING SERVICES FROM ANY PROVIDER.IT WILL ALSO GIVES YOU CPANEL LOGIN DETAILS.
NAMESERVERS WILL LOOK LIKE THIS
THESE ARE THE 2 NAMESERVERS GIVEN BY CLOUDHOSTWORLD.YOU JUST HAVE TO FILL OUT THESE NAMESERVERS DETAILS IN NAMESERVERS BOX.SEE SCREENSHOT ABOVE.DIFFERENT HOSTING PROVIDER HAVE DIFFERENT NAMESERVERS..SO DONT PUT ABOVE NAMSERVERS.
CHANGE [A] RECORD
WHEN YOU LOG IN TO DNS ZONE EDITOR…NOW ITS TIME TO CHANGE A RECORD SO THAT YOUR DOMAIN WILL POINT TO YOUR SERVER IP.THIS IS THE MOST CRUCIAL PART OF UPDATING NAMESERVERS.IF YOU MISS THIS THEN YOUR DOMAIN WILL NOT POINT TO YOUR SERVER IP
TO CHANGE A RECORD,SIMPLY GO TO DNS ZONE EDITOR & SEARCH FOR A(HOST)
IN A(HOST) COLUMN,YOU HAVE TO FILL YOUR SERVER IP ADDRESS.AFTER UPDATING A RECORD.CLICK ON SAVE
CONGRATULATIONS,YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED YOUR NAMESERVERS IN DNS ZONE.NOW YOUR DOMAIN WILL POINT TO YOUR HOSTING PROVIDER.
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM REGARDING THIS,YOU CAN ASK IN COMMENT BOX SECTION.